Salem Gymnastics’ Active Academy
A full remote learning experience –
Now accepting part time students 1-4 days/week
We are delighted to provide this structured program for the students in our community. With the start of school quickly approaching, we want to provide you with preliminary information and the opportunity to enroll. While we won’t have final details until we receive specific plans from the schools, we are doing all we can to prepare a high quality, safe, active, and fun experience for your children!
Salem Gymnastics’ Active Academy will provide:
- Small classroom “pods” of 6 children (younger) or 8 children (older) spaced for social distancing.
- Each classroom will have an assigned teacher dedicated to that pod. The teachers will ensure that each student is logged into their home school at their assigned times, ready to learn.
- Teachers will assist children in staying on task, completing their assignments, encouraging their best work, and answering their questions.
- Ample structured time to complete their remote learning as assigned by their individual schools.
- Pods will stay together as they enjoy gymnastics, swimming, lunch, outdoor play, and indoor games as a regular part of their day.
- Extended care will be provided at an extra fee (based on interest).
Families are responsible for providing:
- Laptop or learning device – fully charged each day
- Comfortable headphones
- School supplies as required by their school
- Extra clothes for activities
- Lunch and snack
- Water bottle
- Any prescriptions or over the counter medications (as needed)
- Salem Gymnastics & Swim follows CDC guidelines in regards to all of our programs.
- Children will be kept 6 feet apart as much as possible, including in their classroom, with mandatory hand washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Salem performs regular disinfection of our entire facility, including classrooms.
- Masks will be worn by staff when social distancing is not practical.
- Masks will be required of children ages 12+ when entering the building and traveling through common areas, but they will not be required in the classrooms or during active times due to 6 feet spacing. Masks are optional for children ages 11 and under.
Exact start times dependent on school schedules:
- Active Academy (7 hours/day) $48/day; max. $2124/quarter
- Morning care $15/day; max. $800/quarter
- Afternoon care until 6:00pm $30/day; max. $1200/quarter
Entry into Salem Gymnastics’ Active Academy requires a 1st quarter (August 17-October 23) commitment.
To apply, please click here. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. If accepted, you will receive a confirmation email as soon as possible. You will have 48 hours to complete your child’s enrollment and pay an 50% tuition downpayment per child to secure your spot. We do require that Active Academy families keep a credit card on file in our secure system. Remaining balance for the quarter will be charged September 1st.
We understand that this is an unusual time for both us and our children. We are thankful for the space that we have, and the ability to use it in new and meaningful ways. Our hope is to provide a stable, enriching environment for your child to thrive academically, socially, emotionally, and physically!
Space is limited! Please direct any questions to ActiveAcademy@salemgym.com.
We look forward to a new, exciting school year!