Salem Swim Class Policies
Welcome to Salem Gymnastics & Swim! Our goal is to offer the finest children’s programming in the area and make your child’s time at Salem be the highlight of their growing years!
Please arrive at Salem 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Report to the check-in station to have your child marked present in the roll and to pick up their colored card. Card colors correspond to teaching stations, so please help your child know which teacher to look for. All students should be present and dressed for class 5 minutes prior to the start of their swimming class, near the door to the left of the viewing windows in the lobby. If you arrive after class has started, please have a staff person escort your child to their class.
Please have your child use the restroom before class! The warm water can make it difficult to hold in a poop.
- Changing facilities and restrooms are located through the door to the right of the swim viewing windows.
- Additional restrooms are located down the hall to the right as you enter Salem.
- Cubbies are located in the lobby for your convenience; however we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Parent/Tots may use the cubbies on deck. Parents will accompany their children in the pool during Parent/Tot classes.
- Showers are located on the pool deck. Students may use the showers before and/or after their class, and parents may assist if necessary.
- No shoes are allowed on the pool deck.
All children under 36 months and all older children who have not been potty trained at least 6 months must wear two swim diapers to class:
- a disposable swim diaper (Little Swimmer or other) and
- an approved cloth swim diaper with tight fitting elastic legs and waist
The cloth swim diaper must pass the “two-finger test”. If two fingers can be inserted under the elastic in the legs and waist, the swim diaper is too large and the child will not be permitted to enter the water. Both types of diapers are available for sale in our Front Office.
In addition, please do not bring your child to class if he/she has had diarrhea within the past two days.
Spectators are not allowed on the pool deck. Parents are welcome to watch class through the viewing windows.
When class has ended, please meet your child inside the changing room, through the door at the far right of the pool deck. All students must be in dry clothing before re-entering the Front Lobby.
Parents must supervise their children before and after their swimming class. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO ENTER THE POOL UNTIL THE INSTRUCTOR IS READY TO BEGIN THEIR CLASS. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO RE-ENTER AFTER THEIR CLASS HAS ENDED.
Children are not allowed outside the building without adult supervision.
Missed classes amy be made up on another day where space is available. Contact the Front Office to schedule your make-up.
No jewelry or gum is allowed. We are not responsible for any items left in the gym, however we do have a Lost and Found.
NO GUM, SMOKING, OR PETS ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUILDING.
If, at any time, you have questions regarding our policies please get in touch with us so we can address your specific questions.